SMS Banking Agreement:
Bank of Ripley SMS Banking is a service provided by Bank of Ripley. The terms "we", "us" or "our" mean that bank. The terms "you" or "your" mean the customer who uses this service.
By using the Bank of Ripley SMS Banking, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- In order to utilize SMS Banking, you must have at least one Bank of Ripley account. To apply for SMS Banking, you must be the sole or joint owner of the bank account(s) for which SMS Banking services apply and you must have full signing authority on the accounts. If there is any change of ownership of any such account(s), notification must be immediately provided to Bank of Ripley.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure your device(s) are compatible with and capable of operating in a manner that allows you to utilize SMS Banking securely, including, but not limited to, installing current software manufacturer provided patches and current anti-virus/anti-spyware software.
- You understand and agree that any SMS Banking transaction request which results in a negative account balance may be refused by Bank of Ripley.
- We may send any SMS Banking message through your communication service provider in order to deliver them to you. You agree that your communication services provider is acting as your agent in this capacity.
- You agree to provide a valid phone number for this service so that we may send you certain information about your applicable account. We will determine in our sole discretion what information we make available through this service.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from your provision of a phone number that is not your own or your violation of applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. Your obligation under this paragraph shall survive termination of the Agreement.
- SMS Banking is provided for your convenience and does not replace your monthly account statement(s), which are the official record of your accounts.
- This service may not be encrypted and may include personal or confidential information about you, such as your account activity or status. You agree to protect your communications device that receives information through this service and not to let any unauthorized person have access to the information we provide to you through this service. You have the sole responsibility for maintaining the safety, security and integrity of the Mobile Device you will use to send and receive SMS messages. You shall bear the entire risk for any use thereof, whether or not you have authorized such use and whether or not you are negligent. If you permit other persons to use the Mobile Device, you will be held responsible for any transactions they authorize and we will not be liable for any damages resulting to you. You agree not to use SMS Banking or the content or information delivered through SMS Banking in any way that would be considered illegal.
- Receipt of account information through SMS Banking may be delayed or impacted by factor(s) pertaining to your phone carrier or other parties.
- We will not be liable for losses or damages caused in whole or in part by your actions or omissions that result in any disclosure of account information to third parties. Also, nothing about SMS Banking creates any new or different liability for us beyond what is already applicable under your existing account agreements.
- There is no separate service fee for this service but you are responsible for any and all charges, including, but not limited to, fees otherwise applicable to your account(s) and fees associated with SMS messaging imposed by your communications service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Such charges may include those from your communications service provider. Message frequency depends on user preferences.
- To cancel your plan, send STOP or SUSPEND to 39257 at any time or call (731) 635-1230. For help with or information on SMS Banking, call (731) 635-1230. You will never receive a SMS Banking message that asks you to send us any sensitive personal or financial information. If you ever receive such a request for sensitive personal or financial information - such as your Social Security Number, account number, password, PIN number, or any other personal data - do not respond to the message and call us at (731) 635-1230 to report the incident.
The terms and conditions in this Agreement are in addition to, and do not supersede or replace, any other agreements applicable to any of your accounts with us.